How to Install the Arkon SM688 Car Mount
Following our review of the Arkon SM688, a versatile car mount for Samsung Galaxy devices, many of you asked for a detailed guide on how to install it. Whether you're a tech enthusiast or just looking for a secure way to mount your device in your car, this step-by-step guide will help you set up your Arkon SM688 with ease.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide:
1. Unboxing and Preparation:
- Start by unboxing the Arkon SM688. Inside, you'll find the mount, a spring-loaded Slim-Grip Ultra holder, and brackets for floor mounting.
- Identify the seat track bolt in your car where the mount will be attached.
2. Attaching the Mount to the Seat Track Bolt:
- Loosen the seat track bolt in your car using the appropriate tools.
- Slide the mount's bracket under the bolt.
- Re-tighten the bolt to secure the mount in place.
3. Adjusting the Flexible Aluminum Arm:
- The Arkon SM688 features an 18" flexible aluminum arm. Bend and adjust this arm to your desired position and angle for optimal viewing.
4. Assembling the Slim-Grip Ultra Holder:
- Attach the holder to the mount's arm. Ensure it is tightly secured.
- Adjust the holder's size to fit your Samsung Galaxy device. The holder is spring-loaded for easy insertion and removal of your device.
5. Optional Floor Mounting:
- If you prefer to mount your device on the floor, use the included brackets.
- Choose a suitable spot on the floor of your vehicle for the mount.
- Secure the brackets to the floor as per the instructions provided with the product.
6. Securing Your Device:
- Once the mount is in place, insert your Samsung Galaxy device into the holder.
- Adjust the holder's arms to ensure a snug and secure fit.
7. Final Adjustments:
- Make any final adjustments to the position of the arm and the angle of the holder to ensure the best visibility and accessibility.
Installing the Arkon SM688 in your vehicle is a straightforward process that can significantly enhance your driving experience by keeping your Samsung Galaxy device securely mounted and easily accessible. Remember to make adjustments while the vehicle is stationary to ensure safety.